Re: moral support

Lexi Mitchell

This sounds so hard and so heartbreaking. It really sounds like you’re doing the right thing though. If you’re free tomorrow night there is a meeting of the Warrior Families support group and you would be in a room full of people who understand. It’s at 15 w 39th st, 3rd floor, at 6:30 I hope you can come!
Lexi

On Feb 11, 2020, at 9:52 AM, Joanna Cohen <joannacohen75@...> wrote:

Hi group,

My daughter (12) was admitted to NY-Presbyterian in White Plains yesterday. It was absolutely the hardest thing I’ve ever done. She actually asked to go to the hospital — she’s been having such a hard time. But once we were there and she saw the reality of her situation, she started begging me to take her home. They had to peel her off me so I could leave and I could hear her screaming down the hall as I walked out.

She has major separation anxiety, which is one of the things that has prevented her from living her life. Last night, around 7:30, my phone rang, and it was her, hysterical, begging me to pick her up, saying all sorts of terrible and scary things. The call went on for 14 minutes. I kept asking for an adult but she said there weren’t any. Eventually someone came and took the phone away from her. I don’t know how this was allowed to happen — the phone call without adult supervision for a child with severe separation anxiety. We called and spoke to the nurse afterwards, who gave us a semi-explanation.

I suppose I just need some reassurance that this is what happens, that I haven’t done a terrible thing to my daughter for which she will forever resent me and never recover from. I feel sick right now and like I have no one to turn to.

Thanks everyone.

Joanna

Join challengingtimes@PoNYTYA.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.