Re: Update

Jean Gazis

Colette,

That sounds so hard. Sending positive vibes for you and your boys. He will be getting the help he needs, a good thing in the long run.

Jean

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 3:21 PM Lexi Mitchell <leximitchell55@...> wrote:

Colette, I’m sorry. I’m so glad you’ve updated us though. I’ve been thinking of you and both your boys. I feel so much for you all. Is it possible for you to go look at the 2 facilities before they transfer him? Sending all my best, Lexi

On Feb 11, 2020, at 3:03 PM, Colette Foster <colettefoster51@...> wrote:

Dear All

I am walking around in a daze at the moment. While my son has improved, he isn’t letting go of the desire to self harm.  the team feels that he should be moved to a long term care facility either in the Bronx or Queens.   It doesn’t mean he will be there long but there is more space, structured classes etc.

We did an intervention today and he shared with me some of the feelings he’s grappling with.  It’s been eye opening and sad.

They don’t think he is even ready for attending a day program. This is not what I expected.

Join challengingtimes@PoNYTYA.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.