Re: how do you manage your own work???

Rebecca Floris

Serena,

I’m sorry your family is having a hard time. It’s absolutely exhausting, mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, etc. My only advice is to try to tackle one thing at a time and let people in your life who you trust support you as much as they can. I’m times of crises, it feels like we really are just surviving day to day. Try to take some time to take care of yourself too.  We are here to offer as much moral support as we can. You aren’t alone and it sounds like you’re doing the best you can in a tough situation.

Take care,

Rebecca

On Feb 11, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Serena Krombach <slkrombach@...> wrote:

I’m wondering what parents do about their own work when kids refuse school and you need time to make phone calls, take kids to appointments, and, not least, be there with them in whatever other way they need—and when your heart is breaking.

I’m taking this week off work, but I don’t know what the situation with my son is going to look like long term. I may or may not be eligible for FMLA & we’re lucky enough to be okay for a little while if my leave is unpaid—I’m wondering more about how you deal with how much time you take off and the emotional pull of the dueling commitments.

Thanks,

Serena
--
Serena Leigh Krombach