Re: Update

Rebecca Wilkins

What a difficult time for you, Colette. Thinking of you and your family and hoping that one of these facilities provides your son with the structure and support that he needs right now.

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 3:03:59 PM EST, Colette Foster <colettefoster51@...> wrote:

Dear All

I am walking around in a daze at the moment. While my son has improved, he isn’t letting go of the desire to self harm.  the team feels that he should be moved to a long term care facility either in the Bronx or Queens.   It doesn’t mean he will be there long but there is more space, structured classes etc.

We did an intervention today and he shared with me some of the feelings he’s grappling with.  It’s been eye opening and sad.

They don’t think he is even ready for attending a day program. This is not what I expected.

Join challengingtimes@PoNYTYA.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.